Our foodbank relies on your goodwill and support even more in these troubling times
If you’re thinking of donating food to us you can bring it straight to our warehouse or drop it off at one of our public collection points listed below. …MANY OF OUR COLLECTION POINTS ARE NOW CLOSED OR CLOSING AS A RESULT OF THE CORONA VIRUS PANDEMIC…We will try to keep this page updated with drop off centres we know are still operating.
Our shopping list on the right shows the food items that we need right now.
Drop off points for food which are still open include
- Most large supermarkets – opening hours vary,
- Matthew Henry Church centre,
- Trinity Methodist Church Ellesmere Port, Mon-Fri 10am-4pm
- Holy Trinity Church Blacon Mon and Thursday 11am – 12 noon
- Neston Parish Church, High Street, Neston. Monday and Friday 9am – 12 noon
- further outlets to be updated regularly – please tell us if you are collecting and we will update this site
We always welcome donations and promise to use them to provide help to people in crisis. Occasionally we send food to other nearby foodbanks to support their work particularly if they experience shortages. This ensures your donations go to help people wherever in the UK they are.
Jane’s story – an update
“Jane” was in full time employment when she went sick (mental health issues) and onto SSP. The employer ceased trading so she went on to ESA. Now on UC but because of the 5 week delay in paying it, she had a £300.00 loan which is now having to be paid back at the rate of £56.00 per month. After paying rent and utilities, she now has £50.00 to last 2 weeks. Once the loan is repaid the situation will improve.”
If you host a public collection box and you’ve been missed off this list, please email [email protected] and let us know. We’d be delighted to add you.