Our foodbank relies on your goodwill and support even more in these troubling times
If you’re thinking of donating food to us you can bring it straight to our warehouse or drop it off at one of our public collection points. …
Our shopping list on the right shows the food items that we need right now.
Drop off points for food include:
- Tesco Chester City Centre and Sealand Road – In – store shoppers only.
- Asda Ellesmere Port and Chester – In- store shoppers only.
- Sainsbury’s stores Chester, Ellesmere Port and Neston
- Morrisons Chester
- Waitrose Chester
- Lidl stores locally
- Matthew Henry Church centre,
- Neston Parish Church, High Street, Neston. Monday and Friday 9am – 12 noon
- Co-Op Saughall, Handbridge and Westminster Park, Chester
- Spar Elton
- Marmalade Cafe Chester
- Brown Sugar Cafe, Handbridge
- Numerous other shops churches and cafes – thank you!
If you host a public collection box and you’ve been missed off this list, please email [email protected] and let us know. We’d be delighted to add you.
Amazon wish list!Thinking of donating food but can’t get to the shops? We now have an Amazon shopping list so you can donate from home! Just click this link and choose your donation from our most needed items!
We always welcome donations and promise to use them to provide help to people in crisis. Occasionally we send food to other nearby foodbanks to support their work particularly if they experience shortages. This ensures your donations go to help people wherever in the UK they are.
Jane’s story – an update
“Jane” was in full time employment when she went sick (mental health issues) and onto SSP. The employer ceased trading so she went on to ESA. Now on UC but because of the 5 week delay in paying it, she had a £300.00 loan which is now having to be paid back at the rate of £56.00 per month. After paying rent and utilities, she now has £50.00 to last 2 weeks. Once the loan is repaid the situation will improve.”