Get Help

How to get help

If you need help from our foodbank there are a few simple steps to follow.

The most important step is to get a foodbank referral. Please do not come to our distribution points without a referral having been sorted for you.

In order to provide the most appropriate help for the circumstances of your situation we work with local referrers . If they feel you are struggling to put food on the table, they will issue you with a foodbank referral. The local referrer may also be able to help arrange long term support if needed to help address some of the issues behind the reasons for your crisis. Referrers we work with include: Citizens Advice, housing support officers, children’s centres, health visitors, social services, local Councillors and some local charities.

We operate an e-referral system whereby the following referrers can now arrange referrals over the telephone. If you need food to be delivered (limited areas only), discuss this with the person making the referral who will make the arrangements for you where this is possible.

Contact details for referrers are as follows:-


Cheshire West And Chester Help Scheme – 0300 123 7065 9am – 5pm

Citizens Advice Bureau:

National CAB Helpline – Freephone – 0808 278 7806

Local Citizens Advice Bureau contact numbers

WCCAB Sue Lyne – 07714 616672, Monday, Thursday, Friday 1pm – 4pm

WCCAB – Gaynor Rowlands – 07736 621235 Monday to Thursday 9am – 5pm

WCCAB – Sam Robertshaw – 07596 338067 Fridays only 9am – 5pm

WCCAB – Pushpika Ranasinghe – 07598 579594

Forfutures – 0300 123 2442 (option 3) 9am – 5pm (Tenants only)

In addition, many other Housing Associations, schools and other local organisations can make referrals.

You can find a list of our local centres and opening times here and download a copy of the leaflet at top right here

If you have any further questions our FAQ’s page may help, or feel free to give us a call.


Back to Get Help